Friday, June 24, 2005

No more b-ball, lots more '70s arena rock

San Antonio won. Detroit lost. Sigh. Like I said, I like the Spurs OK, but I'm still a bit depressed. I'm gonna go eat a cow or something now.

Adding to the despair is the fact that they really abused the use of Queen songs. Being Game 7, ABC decided to play "Pressure" at every commercial break and "We Are the Champions" when the Spurs won. There was quite a lot of "We Will Rock You" blasted throughout arena during the game as well. I'm a big Queen fan, but I think SBC Arena (where the Spurs play) might be the place where songs go to die from gratuitous overuse. Ah well, at least the constant pummeling of 70s arena rock made me Google Freddie Mercury, who was an awesome frontman. Did you know he was Indian?!? You learn something new everyday.

2 Comments:

At Sun Jun 26, 11:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you'll have a comment for this one.......My tombstone song is by Queen......:o)

 
At Thu Jul 07, 12:44:00 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

C'mon, Yuh Wen... time to post something that doesn't involve this so-called Basket Ball.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home