Thursday, November 17, 2005

Je vais aller à la France


I want to look like zees when I get back. Oui, I want to be a quadrilateral.


***Thanks to YFunk3 for correcting my shoddy use of French articles. See, this is why I'm going to study more French!!!***


Given that I hadn't really learned much in my junior high and high school attempts (could it have been my teacher's Joisey accent?), I've had this in-the-back-of-my-mind desire to go to France and study French for a while. So much so that I absentmindedly signed up for a French language school's email list a few years ago. Every year, for the past two years around holiday season, I get an email for an "offre speciale," taunting me with discounted French courses.

"D'oh!" I usually think, "I have to work!"

I got the same email this year, and I nearly had the same thought again.

"D'oh!" my conditioned/brainwashed mind began to think, "I have to...wait a minute! No, I don't!"

So I'm headed to Bordeaux on November 26th, and I will be back on December 20th - both in time for Christmas and a dentist's appointment (yay!). I don't think French wine country will be as appealing in cold weather, but the discount is nice!

4 Comments:

At Fri Nov 18, 05:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's "Je vais aller à LA France"!!! Man....Good thing L'Académie Française is in Paris, or they'd totally kick your ass for leaving out the correct articles. :o)

And I heard Bordeaux is nice, though I've never been to the south of France before.

 
At Fri Nov 18, 10:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well aren't you just the traveler!

 
At Fri Nov 18, 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

Je suis trés jalouse!

...Yeah, that's about the extent of my French. Sigh.

 
At Fri Nov 18, 11:07:00 AM, Blogger YDubL said...

Ah, I was wondering whether I should put the "la" for à LA France. You know, it's very tricky with the articles leading into countries...

BTW, pics from Ghana are scattered throughout the blog. I wasn't able to post video because the files. BOO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home