Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Year of the Dog, bitches!

Again, another highly inappropriate use of the term "bitches" that I just couldn't resist.

Yes, it's Chinese New Year: Xinnian kuaile, gongxi facai (or gung hay fat choy) to all! I haven't been home for the New Year since high school, so I almost forgot how much of a big deal it is! My parents are really into it, and the feasting has already started! It seems to me that the lunar New Year is all about food and family...and that's cool with me! Oh, yeah, it's also all about the lucky red pocket money (hongbao)!

The Year of the Rooster has passed, and we're now into the Year of the Dog. If you were born in 1994, 1982, 1970, 1958, 1946, or if you're turning a multiple-of-12 age this year, you're a dog! Or, as I say to my sister, who is a dog, "Hey, it's your year, bitch!" Tee hee.

Check out your Chinese horoscope sign here.

Since one's year comes only once every 12 years, one might mistake it to be lucky. Not necessarily so! Be forewarned that whenever it's your year, it's typically a bad one. My year wasn't so terrible, but apparently an ex-coworker (and fellow Rooster) told me that she can't wait for the year to be over! Along with a couple of deaths in the family, her horoscope year was highlighted by an incident of her baby sticking a thermometer in her ear and popping her eardrum. OWEEEEEEE! So here's to hoping that the Year of the Dog will treat everyone well!

6 Comments:

At Sun Jan 29, 11:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have the lucky red pocket you gave me in high school! Happy New Year!

 
At Tue Jan 31, 01:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YuhWen!!! Ben Franklin was a dog!

 
At Tue Jan 31, 02:32:00 AM, Blogger YDubL said...

Mrs. C! Besides his first illegitimate son (who became the royal governor of NJ!!), there's no physical proof of Benny fornicating in the extramarital sense! Of course, I'm sure he did... He was sorta doggy to abandon his wife and family to live abroad...and then all that flirting with young girls...but he was gathering support for the Revolution!! So I guess, don't hate the playa, hate the game? :)

 
At Tue Jan 31, 08:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's not a playah! he just crushes a lot!

i'm glad to see you gallivanting about the nation YW.

 
At Tue Jan 31, 08:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok that stupid thing printed my coooool version of "panda", []Danda, all weird. STOPID!

 
At Tue Jan 31, 01:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starting the new year off right with what EVERYONE needs more of: a bitch sporting the sad-Asian-pop-star-hair-in-an-old-timey-doiley-hat look. Look for that on the Summer '06 runways....bitches! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home