Tuesday, November 20, 2007

K-pop

I can't stop hearing this song in my head, and it's driving me nuts.


The Wonder Girls are so young it scares me. Okay, it makes me feel old more than it scares me. Same thing!

This brief posting on K-pop wouldn't be complete without a mention of Rain (비 or "Bi" in Korean), who is probably the most famous of the K-poppers. You may remember the New York Times article that predicted his big breakthrough in the US that ran a couple of years ago. So far this hasn't happened yet, and the most I've seen of him in Korea is his mug on tons of print ads and TV commercials. But he's still pretty darn famous. He's known for his fly dance moves. Check them out in his video for "It's Raining" (I know, I know...)

.

I think I still prefer this, though...


It's all in good fun. ^_^

2 Comments:

At Thu Nov 29, 12:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YuhWen,
How fun to see new videos. I love the Wonder Girls! But that "Rain" guys needs to shake it up!! Maybe he thought he might slip on the wet stage.
Mrs. C.

 
At Sat Dec 08, 06:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Man like I have all the time to look at videos - instead of cleaning and shopping and trying to earn some money.

I love it and fortunately the song didn't keep going through my mind. Talk about young - you posted this on the day of my Mum's 89th birthday!

I think of how Louise talks about the weird relationship that the Japanese have to young women always dressed up in school girl outfits - totally a repressed society - and thought "Oh No" not more of this. How delightful (from what I could tell) to see them claim their own Wonder Girls strength and independence.

Roberta

PS - I am starting to hate blogger because no matter what I try it, because my ISP is in Switzerland it INSISTS that I do everything in German and I can't read a thing. I have tried posting this three times now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home