Monday, August 01, 2005

Planning begins for the "International Hello" tour (plus random celebrity sighting)

I did it. I bought my ticket to Ghana, which will officially be the first stop in my year of wanderlust, otherwise known as the YuhChic "International Hello" tour. Right now, the plan is that I will be in Ghana for two months. Er, now I just have to plan what I'm actually doing there. The ticket is nonrefundable, so I guess I better figure it out.

Holy crap! I'm going to Africa!!!

In addition to all the stuff I have to do in preparation for the trip (ya know...visa, vaccinations, malaria medicine, etc.), I'll also be spending the remainder of my time in Chicago setting up the rest of my stops on the International Hello tour (China and Guatemala...maybe somewhere else?).

On a completely different note, I went to the Wicker Park Summer Fest today and had a celebrity sighting: Vince Vaughn. He is very tall and was sipping a drink from a pineapple. This is up there with me tripping over Sandra Bullock's dogs in May.

4 Comments:

At Tue Aug 02, 03:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? I totally saw Peri Gilpin at Drew's commencement in May. PERI GILPIN! :o)

 
At Thu Aug 04, 04:30:00 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

Sounds awesome, YW. One problem... these interesting locales are pretty inconvenient to Berkeley. How are you going to visit me?

Julie and I went to Chez Panisse on Monday -- what an adventure. I have now eaten wild nettles and sorrel. Julie tried to make the reservation as "Julie Cap," to save herself the headache of spelling out her full name to the woman on the phone, and the woman misheard it as "Julie Cat." When we got there, the hostess was like, "What a cool name!" We didn't know what to say.

 
At Fri Aug 05, 05:43:00 AM, Blogger YDubL said...

Natalia - Weeeellll, I am probably flying to China through SF, so that would be a good opportunity to stop, no? I'll be in touch with you when I book that leg of the trip.

"Julie Cat". That's great! Sometimes, it might be better to spell that whole name.

BTW, the Berkeley walking tour blog entry was excellent! I'm glad that the trustafarians are out and about...

 
At Sat Aug 06, 02:01:00 PM, Blogger Natalia said...

Oh, they're out and about, all right. Probably supplying my damn neighbor, Toking Bastard.

I will look forward to being your pit stop en route to China!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home