Sunday, February 05, 2006

Paris is the same as ever, just colder; Liss is just older

Salut, tous! The title really says it all - Liss and I have been hitting up the sites, but we're concentrating on eating and shopping. Paris is as enjoyable as ever, albeit extremely cold (it's in the 20s and 30s here...why didn't I just stay in New Jersey, where it's apparently 50-60 degrees, as mom reports to me?!?). We have made some trips to sites where I've already been and also to a few new ones: Montmarte, Latin Quarter, Chinatown (where my horrible Chinese and French-speaking abilities collide!!!). Meanwhile, I'm keeping amused by watching French waiters hit on Liss ("You should come back and visit me...I will be very glad," says one Frenchie to her).

Liss celebrated her birthday yesterday. I spent Friday being nice to her; now that "her" day is over, I've begun just making fun of her for what she really is: old! Woweee, 25 years old! Several of my good (no, GREAT) friends are hitting the quarter-of-a-century mark this year, but their birthdays are before mine, so I'm going to enjoy making fun of people before they make fun of me. Julie and Xiao, you're next!!! Hee hee!

Heading to Amsterdam tomorrow on the delightful Thalys train - first though, Liss and I must enjoy our nightly crepe from the street vendor (bananas and Nutella for Liss, maybe just the sugar and butter variety for me tonight). I'll try my very best to blog from Amsterdam, too...if I'm not too stoned. Kidding, kidding!!!

5 Comments:

At Sun Feb 05, 01:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't buy the joints in the touristy shops. You dunno how long they've been there, and what's in it....er...or so I heard....Heh heh. KIDDING! You know I'm a loser. :o)

Rijksmuseum and VanGoghMuseum. The Tropenmuseum was also very good, so I recommend that. It's pretty easy to get around on the trams. And go to the Haagen Daaz in the Leidestraat (??) region. Order a muffin, they cut it in half and serve it with raspberry coolie for you! And you get to choose your tea from this huge wooden box they bring to you! Best Haagen-Daaz café EVER.

 
At Tue Feb 07, 06:22:00 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

It is one of the great bitternesses of my life that the second ingredient in Nutella is peanut oil. Talk about unnecessary evil.

 
At Tue Feb 07, 09:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, who are you calling old?! At least I... um... get a discount on my car insurance this month! What do you have to say to that, huh? Huh?

Natalia! If you can get your hands on a food processor you can make your own. It keeps for a month!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_20938,00.html

 
At Tue Feb 07, 03:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its all about the shrooms in the red light district. tee hee hee hee hee.

man you are jetsetting! what funnn. me=hard core envious.

 
At Sat Feb 11, 01:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EAT CROQUE MONSIEURS THOSE THINGS ARE SERIOUSLY THE GREATEST THING EVER!

yes.

-eD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home