Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Seoul Living: Where you can hang out (but not too often, please)

I live in the Sinchon neighborhood of Seoul, which is an area bursting with youthful energy. So unlike me, I know. ;) This is probably helped along by the fact that there are four major universities in the vicinity: Yonsei University, Ewha Womans University (Not a typo or grammar mistake! Really, it's "Womans"!), Sogang University and Hongik University. You can probably already tell from the Hongik (known more commonly as 홍대 or "Hongdae"...even by English speakers) website that it's the artsy school. ^_^

The area around Hongdae especially has quite a bar and club scene - maybe the liveliest in Seoul. Even Beyonce had her after-party in Hongdae when she was touring in Seoul! However, as my friends know, this fact is so wasted on me, since I'm not much of a club or bar hopper in my advanced age (or ever, for that matter).

Still, no matter if you're ESL or not, artsy or not, I'm not sure I advocate naming a bar in this manner.



Er, I'm sure it's just a name...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home