Friday, October 07, 2005

New animal sounds; Hitting the Road (with a potential new diet)

It's been raining quite a bit here, but that doesn't mean it gets any cooler. In fact, it's the rain that has brought the latest animals to join the Asylum Down menagerie: frogs in the open sewer. Holy scary. There can't be many of them, but their croaks sound like dogs. Also added to the latest sounds (to make up for the absence of Insomniac Rooster) is the new baby goat next door, whose bleats sound like someone screaming in agony. Sweet.

But this doesn't matter, because I'm hitting the road! For the next three weeks, I'll be traveling to the North of Ghana. Since it's closer to the Sahara, it's a bit hotter...but, hey, it's a "dry" heat. The North is primarily Muslim, and it's Ramadan now. Oops. Well, I suppose that will be a new development in my tropical diet (Equatorial Heat + Walking + Risk of malaria + Ramadan fasting between 6am and 6pm).

From the North, I'll be working my way down south and back to Accra, through Kumasi (a big ol' city, heartland of the Ashanti empire), Elmina and Cape Coast (home of two of the most famous slave castles in Africa, Cape Coast is also near one of the few rainforest canopies in Africa), and the obruni beach resorts of Biriwa and Anomabu (deadbeating will continue). Needless to say, my connection to the Internet(s) and you all will be spotty, but I'll report back as soon as possible. Maybe I'll even be alive to tell a tale at the end of this adventure. Cheers!

2 Comments:

At Fri Oct 07, 06:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baaa...Good luck on your travels. Please remember your sunscrean. Remember, frogs are a symbol of prosperity $$$.
P.S. I had a bubble tea today! Fundraiser for the PanAsian Club!

 
At Thu Oct 20, 08:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll be alive to report your travels...although, i hear african muslums love to eat chunky female asains during ramadan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home