Thursday, September 01, 2005

Goodbye, Chicago! Hello, World (and I-80)!

Happy September, everybuddy.

Well, it's nice to know that my life (at least a good chunk of it) fits into a 4-door sedan. Just barely. New goal in life: be less materialistic and accumulate less crap!

My apologies for being out of touch with most everyone. Between the packing and lack of internet access (::shudder::), it's been bad. I promise I shall be in touch soon.

I'm about to hit the road, and I'm a little ashamed about my current blogging locale. It's my old haunt, the good ol' Reg (Joseph Regenstein Library, for those who aren't "in the know"). I had to pop by the University to pick up some insignia trinkets for future friends that I hope to make (foreign pals love that type of stuff). Alas, the crappy UofC bookstore is shoddily stocked with such trinkets...so I bought myself a shirt. You would think I would stop buying stuff given the crowded state of my car (just enough room to see out the back window and some maneuverin' room for my arms!). Feh.

While I'm positively itching with nostalgia to visit the 5th floor of the Reg (home of my ex-locker, pained problem sets, and many nights of reading Sino-American rapprochement transcripts, as well as much snoozing), I gots to run! The road to New Jersey - and life(!) - await!

6 Comments:

At Fri Sep 02, 07:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good 'ole Joseph Regenstein would be proud to know that you're our ambassador to the world. :)

Don't be addicted to PB, I was once told if I had too much it would eventually glue my intestines together...hehehe.

-Jenny

 
At Fri Sep 02, 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

Aw, I miss the Reg. Fourth floor cubicles, near the theological encyclopedias...

 
At Sat Sep 03, 05:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg. you were a fifth floorer. omg. you had a locker in the fifth floor. you are sooo pbk. hehehehe

 
At Sat Sep 03, 05:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(incidentally, i liked the fourth floor myself.)

 
At Mon Sep 05, 12:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*not in the know*

chicagospeak... strangeness and confusion. hahaha. i should start riddling my lj blog thing with ooklaspeak like "diddy reese", "the big blue bus" and "buck fiddy's".

nostalgia can be a bad thing. on certain inebriate nights, for example, it inspires me to contact people I thought I missed, only to realize quickly why it is we parted ways. shallow conversation ensues, followed by promisses to meet up and catch up, none of which (*shock and disbelief*) ever materializes. yeah, bad stuff.

but anywayses... how does it feel going back to the old alma mater after a 2 year hiatus? i would go back to ooklah now and then, and it always struck me how it felt like i was only just there. it wasnt until this last time a few weeks ago that i feel strangely separated from it. it was the first time school felt specifically associated with the past and relegated to archived episodes in my life, and not with current ongoing chapters. yeah, weird stuff. I took somebody on a tour at night, and it struck me just how "old skool" it felt, even tho its only been like, a year and half.

weird weird weird. yes.

anwyays. hope the drive is okay don't fall asleep. you don't want to veer off the road somewhere like Indiana. if the accident doesn't kill you the boredom there just might. and be careful in appalachia, cuz its appalachia. haha.

tty when you're all back and settled and stuff.

-"El eDDy"

 
At Wed Dec 21, 10:50:00 PM, Anonymous Interior Designers Palm Bay said...

Lovely blog thanks for sharing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home