Thursday, September 08, 2005

YuhChic goes to Washington

I'm not worthy.


I'm back at home in NJ, unpacking my life into my tiny room, watching lots of TV and prepping/packing for a trip that is approaching much too quickly for comfort.

Over Labor Day weekend, my parents, brother and I went to visit my sister in the Washington, D.C., area, where she lives (in the not-so-backwoods of Virginia) and works (for a Halliburton subsidiary…whee!). There, we participated in the age-old family past times of eating, complaining, yelling at each other, bad driving, getting lost, more yelling, more eating, goofing off and having Mom and Dad doze off on public benches while my siblings and I tour the historical sites and museums. As aggravating as our little family trips can sometimes be, they actually always does end up being a lot of fun. Well, for us, anyway. It’s nice to spend time with da fam.

Between my brother’s digital camera and mine, there was no shortage of silly pictures of silly things. In order to save my family and myself from embarassment (I'll leave my personal embarassment to my next in-person encounter with you!), I'll only share this one: it’s a World War II-era poster (from the Smithsonian Museum of American History) that I really think they should use to encourage carpooling and gasoline conservation today:

Convincing, no?


And, yes, we stumbled upon the illustrious NPR headquarters, in front of which I immediately got giddier than a school girl (if you can imagine school girls being so giddy). We found it purely by accident, since we were wandering around (sort of lost, as per our usual). The building is very close to D.C.’s Chinatown, which also provides proof, once again, that wherever we go, whatever we do, my parents will automatically gravitate towards the biggest group of Chinese people and attempt to eat the Chinatown bare.

Fun times! I'll miss them a lot.

1 Comments:

At Thu Sep 08, 03:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love nothing more than to CHILLAX.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home