Monday, March 27, 2006

Not dead...merely vacationing


I am not going to lie: I am one lucky bee-atch.

Although Spanish has been going well, I´ve decided to take a weeklong break to travel with my friends from school, Mags/Meg and Christian. Meg and I spent a relaxing day and a half at Lago Atitlan (get here, ASAFP!). We stayed in the lakeside town of San Pedro, which is reknown for its "gringo hipsters," according to Lonely Planet. HA! I always knew I was a hipster somehow! Anyhoo, it was very relaxing and nice, but you kind of get a feel of why San Pedro is known as a place just to smoke up (cheap marjuana abounds, apparently...not that I know...) and chillax - there`s not terribly much to do. It`s just insanely beautiful...



I am currently blogging from Guatemala City, where we bumped into an American and her local "mom" who helped us out because they were convinced that we would get robbed and raped while waiting for Christian. Not yet robbed and raped, but Christian, Meg, and I are now headed to Tikal to see some dope Mayan ruins. Apparently, after one sees Tikal, all other ruins seem like piles of rocks. Let´s hope so, since it is a 10 hour bus ride!

More later!

4 Comments:

At Tue Mar 28, 02:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa...

 
At Tue Mar 28, 03:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uggg...you lucky duck! =)
-Jenny

 
At Tue Mar 28, 05:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YuhWen, did you see any reference to "Ek Chuah"??? - god of cacao growers?

 
At Thu Mar 30, 01:47:00 PM, Blogger Natalia said...

Those are lovely pictures, YW. Ten una buena vacación!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home