Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oscar watch from Guatemala ... I wish I could quit you!

First of all, Crash won for Best Movie? Whaa? Don't get me wrong, I thought the film was ooookkk (what film with Ludacris wouldn't be?!?). Yeesh, maybe I have been out of the country for too long...or maybe my recently being stranded in L.A. has forever prevented any potentially good feelings for the city (no offense to L.A. friends!). Secondly, I feel that I have watched Walk the Line more than 4 times, given all the airplane viewings that have been forced upon me. I did enjoy the film, though...go, Reese!

Yes, I'm an ass. But I have yet to scroll through the Oscar red carpet photos, because, well, I've got to priortize my precious Internet time, you know...

On a completely unrelated note, I found a great Taiwanese snack place in Xela! Seriously! The owner (a nice Taiwanese lady who has lived in Xela for 5 years) and I chatted for a bit, and the food (soy milk and xianbing, which are funnily and generically called empanadas here) is super tasty. I shall return...if only to practice my deteriorating Mandarin with the owner.

4 Comments:

At Tue Mar 07, 09:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Welcome to the best movie of the year for people who like to say, 'A lot of my best friends are black.'"
-Scott Foundas, film critic for LA Weekly, about "Crash"

 
At Sat Mar 11, 02:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!
YuhWen, I am sending you a Pre-Birthday Greeting in hopes that you will check into your blog around your BD. The pictures are awesome. Enjoy the day. Many happy returns.
P.S. Cheese curds rule!

 
At Sat Mar 11, 02:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!
YuhWen, I am sending you a Pre-Birthday Greeting in hopes that you will check into your blog around your BD. The pictures are awesome. Enjoy the day. Many happy returns.
P.S. Cheese curds rule!

 
At Sat Mar 11, 02:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can You Hear Me Now?
Sorry for the repetition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home